Andrew Scivally is the CEO and co-founder of eLearning Brothers. He has 20 years of learning technology experience including all aspects of course design and development as well as leading learning and development teams for financial institutions such as JPMorgan Chase and Zions Bank. He holds a master’s degree in computer science and cognitive systems. Led by Andrew, eLearning Brothers has established an industry leading brand and has been featured in the Inc. 5000 for six consecutive years. Learn more about eLearning Brothers. Connect with Andrew here.
In this conversation, Andrew Scivally shares his thoughts on diversity and inclusion in the global workforce and how to implement DCI training with your team members.
1. TechFunnel: Why has diversity and inclusion become a hot topic in recent years? years?
Andrew Scivally: The covid-19 pandemic has certainly brought to light many work-related and social justice issues over the past two years, but even before that, we noticed that our clients were asking for more resources around diversity and inclusion, as well as the subconscious. bias training. There is a growing body of research on workforce diversity and the benefits of it, and organizations are taking note.
2. TechFunnel: As a leader in corporate learning, can you share some of the ways your customers have requested more diverse and inclusive training material and what this means for the the future of the global workforce?
Andrew Scivally: Our clients are asking for more resources on diversity and inclusion, both in terms of out-of-the-box DCI training, as well as assets such as various cutout character images that they can use to create learning modules. training that accurately reflects the demographics of their business. . We recently added 5 new miscellaneous designs to our library in response to customer feedback. Our personalized eLearning development team is also working on other projects covering diversity and inclusion for clients.
Remote working is not going to go away, and more and more organizations are open to hiring employees around the world. They want their training materials to reflect everyone in the organization. I think we will see this emphasis on diversity and inclusion grow even further over the next few years.
3. TechFunnel: How did you see the correlation between diversity and other business factors such as team performance and productivity?
Andrew Scivally: Research from GreatPlacetoWork.com has shown the benefits of a diverse and inclusive workplace:
- Higher income growth
- Greater willingness to innovate
- Increased ability to recruit a diverse talent pool
- 5.4 times higher employee retention
Inclusion in the workplace is one of the most important keys to retention. As a business owner, I have seen for myself that when you respect the unique needs, perspectives and potential of all members of your team, they will respond with deeper confidence and more commitment to your organization.
4. TechFunnel: Tell us about eLearning Brothers and your partnership with Traliant.
Andrew Scivally: eLearning Brothers is a leader in technology learning solutions that empower organizations to meet performance and development challenges. We are a one stop shop for everything you need to reach your training goals. Partnering with Traliant expands our course offering and allows us to provide organizations with even more resources in their efforts to foster more diverse, equitable and inclusive workplaces. With Traliant training integrated into our Rockstar Learning Platform (LMS), our customers can deliver quality diversity training to their employees with just a few clicks.
5. TechFunnel: As you expand your design library and courses, what are some of your expectations for organizational diversity at all levels within organizations?
Andrew Scivally: We hope to empower organizations to create more positive work environments at all levels and provide all the resources an organization needs to achieve its diversity and inclusion goals.
6. TechFunnel: the latest thoughts to be taken into account by business leaders in terms of diversity and integration training?
Andrew Scivally: If you don’t offer diversity and inclusion training, now is the time to start and eLearning Brothers can help. The world of work is changing rapidly and no one knows what lies ahead, but having a diverse workforce and a strong work culture can help you adapt and be more resilient when crises like the pandemic strike.